Akbari Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Professor Dustin Akbari is one of Northern California’s most dynamic and accomplished Jiu-Jitsu practitioners/grapplers. He began by practicing Karate at just 7 years old and studied Kenpo at Kovar’s Martial Arts before taking up Jiu-Jitsu as a teenager. He received his Jiu Jitsu Black Belt under Cassio Werneck at just 20 years old. Dustin has trained and competed at the highest level, winning some of the world's most prestigious Jiu-Jitsu tournaments.
- Fight2win veteran
- MMA record (5-1) 5KO's in the 1st round
- Champion or Medalist in various leagues - 8x BJJ World Championships
- Medalist - BJJ Absolute Pan American Championship
- 10x BJJ National Champion (gold medalist)
- Quietet Team World Championship (Teammates with Gordon Ryan, Mansher Khera, and Urijah Faber)
- Submission of the Year candidate
- Created new submission recognized by Flograppling - the "Persion Prybar"
- Wrestling coaches (legendary Lee Kemp & Lance Palmer)
- 15 Years Muay Thai Training
Contact Akbari BJJ
Contact Kovar’s BJJ[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Dustin is passionate about not just creating great athletes but instilling positive values to his students, especially children. Come try out a class today!!
Connect with us on Facebook: